Sunday, October 18, 2015

Taitung County台東縣 / 臺東縣 for First the Time

October 12, 2015, it is the first day to set my footsteps with this unfamiliar place. Of course many things and questions are popping into my mind. Is there any special about Taitung? Is just a question in my mind. I travel to Taitung County for one big reason, learning Aroma Therapy. Even though it's not my reason to really roam around Taitung, indeed I'm still curious about this place.
Flag of Taitung County
Photo Credit : Taitung County, Taiwan
ABOUT
Taitung County ( 台東縣 / 臺東縣 ) is the third largest county located in the eastern coast of Taiwan. It is also known as HOUSHAN ( 後山 ) by many locals, which means mountain. Taitung County is divided into 1 city, 2 urban townships and 13 rural townships.

Took this photo while I'm on the train..just mesmerized by the mountain formation.
Taitung is the home of most aboriginal people including Bunun, Paiwan, Rukai, Amis, Puyuma, Tao and Kavalan. I also met some Penan aboriginal people. Because Taitung possess the most aboriginal people, I think their life style is so slow, their life is more on aboriginal cultures. The high density of aboriginal population brings Taitung vivid colors of cultural resources which is an advantage to Taiwan on preserving cultures and ethnics.

Rice fields
Travelling to Taitung County from Hualien County by train (bullet train) is about one and half hour. And I paid two single journey tickets for NT 343 from Hualien to Yilan Station to Taitung Train Station.

Me going to Taitung county
I went there to get some training on Aroma Therapy which is very important for us who take care for the old people. Actually my employer arranged it for me and I'm so lucky to be given this kind of opportunity. Even if  I'm not familiar with the place I still have the courage to go and gain some experience which I actually enjoyed it much.

Taitung is the home of pollution free. I can say it because here is not crowded. Not so many vehicles. Feel free to express yourself along with the natural environment. Taitung is pretty good.

Next post will be my stay in Aroma House, so stay tune...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.
I will response as soon as I can. ^_^

The Liquor Aroma of TTL Hualien Distillery

Last week I posted about Qilaibi Lighthouse  a three minutes away from it there is this place TTL Hualien Distillery Products Promotion Cent...